Innovation at its freshest...the new Trio spinning reels from Okuma feature a unique crossover construction. Okuma took the best from aluminum construction and lightweight graphite materials and created a distinctive new concept in reel design.
- DFD: Dual Force Drag system , Multi-disc, Japanese-oiled felt drag washers.
- Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing.
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear.
- Hybrid spool design with graphite arbor and aluminum lip.
- ADC: Aluminum Drag Chamber precision spool system.
- Rigid, forged aluminum handle design and EVA grip.
The solid one piece stamped aluminum reel stem and rotor arm are paired with lightweight graphite side plates and a rotor housing which provides strength where needed, and weight savings where possible. The Trio spool construction utilizes a multi-piece construction, housing the drag system in an Aluminum Drag Chamber for added stability and smoothness, while utilizing a lightweight graphite housing for weight reduction and distinctive styling.